Thursday, December 5, 2013

Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison

In the first 50 pages of this book I have come to understand the main character's basic thoughts, actions and life. Using the knowledge that I know he is confused about his Grand Father's last words about betraying his people durring the Civil War and how that relates to him. I also know that his actions in the boxing ring and his desicions when reading his speech to say "social equality" instead of "Social Responsibility" had him understand that he had to be more carefull when reading in front of other people. I also know that he is African American and how he is seen in society. So because all of these things I know, I can guess that he is eventually going to do an action that has him infront of scores of peolple, whither it to do a speech or do a violent act or a peaceful protest, so he can help stop segregation and make racisim and descrimination less powerful. In the first chapter he presents a speech to powerful white buisness men that live in his area and becuase his first act against segregation is during that speech it makes me think that he is going to use more of a peaceful approach to spread his ideas rather than a violent act.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, these kind of stories are so sad!! So good... but so sad! Actually there's a movie that just came out that's really similar to this. It's called "12 Years A Slave". If you get the time you should watch it.

    ReplyDelete