Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Starswarm - Jerry Pournelle Choice

I needed to start looking into different genres again. You know why? I've been getting into a cycle where I would read just historical fiction books and nothing else. That my friend is a problem. So lets make a list of genres I've been specifically been avoiding.
  • sci-fi
  • dystopian
  • nonfiction
  • mystery
So I guess I'll start with sci-fi and lucky for me, I have a book that's genre is sci-fi that I haven't got to; Starswarm. This book is purely science fiction, nothing else. You've got the main protagonist, Kip, living on a different planet with a computer chip planted in his brain. You also have giant aliens that attack if you manage to anger them. Perfect right?

The reason why I think I avoid those is because they seem to allow the imagination. This may be just for me but science fiction; can't relate, dystopian; love story, nonfiction; no imagination, mystery; ending has been solidified. Maybe by starting to read the books of that genre more, I could possibly learn to adapt my taste for these books. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment